Check out the Spring Fling flyer for event details.
It’s nearly time!! Spring Fling 2018 will take place on Friday, March 16 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Spring Fling is the PTA's largest spring fundraiser, with proceeds helping to revitalize the Discovery Garden following the completion of the school construction.
This year’s Spring Fling will include fan favorites to help ring in Spring and give families an evening of fun together. You can pre-order tickets and food by submitting the pre-order form along with payment to the school. If sending a check with the pre-order form, be sure to make the check payable to “Stratford Landing PTA.”
***VOLUNTEERS*** Spring Fling is only successful with the help of our amazing parent volunteers! Donate just 30 or 45 minutes of your time, selling tickets, concessions, monitoring Class Baskets, making Root Beer Floats, or assisting with Staff/Teacher Treats. Sign up to secure your spot here.
- Entertainment. DJ Bob He’s back & will be spinning tunes to get the kids (and parents) out on the dance floor!
- Class Raffle Baskets. Each class creates a themed-basket, and parents are asked to donate items or contribution. Baskets are coordinated by room parents and then raffled during Spring Fling. A list of the basket themes is now available here.
- Pre-order tickets are .50 each (until 5 pm the day of Spring Fling). Ticket prices increase to $1.00 per ticket after 5 pm on Friday, March 16. You can pre-order tickets by submitting the pre-order form along with payment to the school. If sending a check with the pre-order form, be sure to make the check payable to “Stratford Landing PTA."
- Each child will receive 1 complimentary raffle ticket during the week of Spring Fling for a chance to win the basket of their choice. In addition, each student in the classes that won 1 free raffle ticket for Rock ‘n Run fundraising efforts, will also receive their ticket during Spring Fling week.
- Staff/Teacher Treats silent auction. Students can enjoy special “treats” with their teachers, administrators or staff members (i.e. lunch, pizza, movie night, bowling, etc.). Treats are auctioned off in a silent auction during Spring Fling, most with a starting bid of $25. Cash, check or credit card will be accepted for payment following the closing of the auction. A list of treats will be available and posted here soon. A list of treats is available here.
- Free Root Beer Floats. Enjoy a float or a scoop of ice cream served up by our awesome SLES teachers and staff! Limit of 1 per person.
- Kite-grams. Available for download here. Decorate & cut out this kite any way you like – or have your child decorate it. Add some color, add a ribbon, write a message – be creative! Be sure to put your child’s name on the front & his/her grade on the back so you can find it hanging up in the school at Spring Fling. Please complete each kite and return with your child to school along with $1.00. All Kite Grams will be displayed in the main lobby hallway during Spring Fling week.
- Dinner & Refreshments. Back by popular demand, we are pleased to partner with Paisano’s for dinner! Pizza will be available to those who pre-ordered it.
- Drinks, chips and snacks will be available for purchase during Spring Fling.
Here is the evening’s line-up:
- Baskets on display in the library; available for viewing, ticket placement. (Library)
- Raffle Tickets price will increase to $1/ticket (Lobby, Door 1)
Concessions Opens: Pre-ordered Pizza Pick-Up. Chips, drinks onsite-$1 each. (Cafeteria)
FREE Root Beer Floats begin (Cafeteria)
Staff/Teacher Treats Silent Auction begins. All bids start at $25. (Room 107 – across from Library). NOTE: All Teacher Treats winners must be purchased at Spring Fling.
Photo Booth opens (Gym)
Face Painting begins (5th Grade Hallway)
6:00 - 8:00
- Dancing courtesy of DJ Bob (Gym)
Staff/Teacher Treats Silent Auction closes and check-out begins (Room 107)
NOTE: All Teacher Treats winners must be purchased at Spring Fling.
- FREE Root Beer Floats closes (Cafeteria)
- Class Raffle Tickets Sales close (Library)
- Class Basket Raffle closes. No raffle tickets will be accepted after 7:15 pm (Library)
- Announcement of Class Basket winners (Gym)
- Class Basket winners collect baskets (Library)
- Photo Booth closes (Gym)
- Face Painting closes (5th Grade Hallway)